6 Tips For Avoiding a Connecticut Motorcycle Accident With a Passenger
Now that the warm weather is in full swing, more and more motorcyclists will be out on the road. This means more motorcycle passengers. Motorcyclists should be experienced riders before taking on a passenger.
- The motorcycle should be equipped to carry passengers including having the suspension adjusted to carry extra weight and that the tires are properly inflated.
- Make sure the driver instructs on what you need to do when taking a corner, stopping and dismounting.
- Footrests should be adjusted for the passenger to prevent them from falling off of the bike and to prevent them from taking the driver down with them.
- Passengers should wear protective equipment including a helmet, proper footwear, and protective clothing pieces.
- Passengers should not get on a motorcycle where the driver has to sit more forward than is comfortable.
- Drivers should adjust their mirrors and lights for added passenger.
Riding a motorcycle can be extremely exhilarating, but drivers and passengers need to take safety precautions to avoid a Connecticut motorcycle accident. The attorneys at McEnery Price Messey & Sullivan wish all Connecticut motorcyclists and their passengers a safe riding season!