9 Ways to Stay Safe at the Beach This Summer
- Follow the instructions of lifeguards.
- Follow posted signage.
- Use sunscreen.
- Swim only in designated areas.
- Do not dive – protect your head and neck.
- Look out for plant and animal life that might be dangerous.
- Keep young children and inexperienced swimmers in a U.S. Coast Guard-approved life jacket.
- Stay 100 feet away from jetties and piers. Rip currents are often near them.
- Drink plenty of water.
The attorneys at the personal injury firm of McEnery Price Messey & Sullivan wish you a safe trip to Connecticut’s beaches!