Ask These Questions Before Hiring a Connecticut Attorney For Your Auto Accident
If you or a loved one are in a Connecticut car accident, you may be considering hiring an attorney to help you navigate the claims process with the insurance company. Depending on which party is at fault and the extent of your medical bills, you may be able to settle the case on your own. However, if your injuries are significant (medical bills over $5,000), you may want to consult an attorney.
Here are five questions to ask any attorney you are interviewing about your Connecticut car accident claim:
- What is the firm’s knowledge of and ability to analyze medical records?
- What is the firm’s experience in handling car accident cases?
- Should the case go to trial, will the firm handle the case, or pass it off to another firm?
- Is the firm willing to hire experts to support the case?
- Does the firm have attorneys on staff that have experience in working on the defense of claims that will be helpful to me as a claimant?
The statute of limitations on these types of cases is just two years in most cases (there can be exceptions). If you or your loved one were in an auto accident, call our office to speak to one of our experienced attorneys about your car accident claim.