Avoiding a Connecticut Bicycle Accident at Night
There are certain steps you can take to prevent an accident, even at night:
- According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention wearing reflective clothing can help bicyclists become more visible both during the day and evening hours.
- Add reflective stickers to your helmet so that traffic can more readily see you.
- Install turn signals just below your bicycle seat as hand signals will not be visible at night.
- Know the rules of the road. Following the rules of the road at anytime of the day is crucial to preventing a bicycle accident and particularly at night.
- Ride together. The National Highway Transportation Safety Administration recommends safety in numbers. Riders who cycle in groups are much more likely to be seen and avoid fatal injuries.
Riding a bicycle at night increases your risk of incident, but following the steps above help prevent bicycle accidents.
If you or a loved one has experienced a bicycle accident injury be sure to contact an experienced and knowledgeable attorney who can help you protect your long term interests.