Connecticut Auto Accidents: Staying Safe In A Parking Lot
It is no surprise that a large number of Connecticut auto accidents occur inside a parking lot. In fact, 14% of all car crashes that cause damage, happen in a parking lot. Here are a few ways to stay safe while maneuvering your way through:
- Stay alert. Always watch for other cars and people speeding and walking. Avoid two-way lanes where possible.
- Be polite. Do not take up 2 spots when you only need one.
- Protect your car. Park away from buildings and not on the ends of rows. Stay in a well-lit area at night.
- Eyes open. Make sure you can scan the entire field before backing out.
- Extra aware at the post office. The post office parking lot has a the highest frequency of accidents.
If you or your loved one was injured in a parking lot, you might be able to handle your claim without an attorney. Find out here.