Connecticut Medical Malpractice: 10 Patient Safety Concerns
Connecticut medical malpractice occurs when there is a deviation from the standard of care that leaves the patient with a significant, permanent injury including death. There are times when hospitals and their employees are liable for these injuries. It is also no secret hospitals and health care providers are looking to streamline their processes. This crosses over to the diagnosing and managing health care while keeping patients safe. The ECRI Group issued a list of the top ten patient safety concerns.
- Patient engagement and health literacy.
- All-hazards emergency preparedness.
- Leadership engagement in patient safety.
- Opioid safety.
- Device cleaning, sterilization, and disinfection.
- Incorporating IT into patient safety programs.
- Behavioral health management.
- Internal care coordination.
- Diagnostic errors.
If you question the care you or a loved one have received that resulted in permanent injury (including death), find out if you have a medical malpractice case.