Connecticut Personal Injury: Young Girl Hospitalized By Foul Ball
A young girl was at Yankee Stadium in the Bronx, NY when a foul ball struck her in the head. While this little girl is still recovering, it raises the question of safety at sporting events and how you can keep yourself safe.
While Major League Baseball is reevaluating fan safety at the park, here are some safety precautions you can take:
- Choose your seats carefully. We all covet the closest seats to the action, but they might not always be the safest.
- Be alert. If you are sitting in seats that may potentially be in the line of stray objects, always pay attention to the action.
- Watch your step. Stadium seating has a lot of stairs and landings. Keep an eye on the terrain.
- Watch for liquids. Sporting events are long and fans get thirsty. It’s easy for liquids to spill on the floors. Don’t slip and fall!
- Stay seated. If you are seated in the upper levels at a stadium, walking (or cheering) space can be at a premium.
The lawyers at personal injury firm McEnery Price Messey & Sullivan wish you lots of fun and safety at your next sporting event.