Connecticut Truck Accidents: 5 Common Injuries
Each year, thousands of people are killed in truck accidents, and even more are injured nationwide. Some injuries are more common than others. Here are a look at a few.
- Wrist injuries. Instinctively, drivers and passengers use their hands as protection during a crash. This offers no protection and hitting an airbag, dashboard, or window, can cause broken bones, torn ligaments, and/or other injuries to your wrist.
- Head injuries. Traumatic brain injuries are incredibly common in truck accidents and can cause permanent cognitive, emotional, and personality changes.
- Back injuries. The spine is a complex set of bones responsible for many functions in the body. If any part is injured including disks or bones, it can cause severe physical limitations that can be permanent.
- Crush injuries. This is a common injury type in truck accidents because the body could be between two objects and face a lot of pressure.
- Neck injuries. Like the back, the neck is a complex combination of bones, ligaments, tissues, and other structures. Neck injuries can be devastating.
If you or your loved one was injured in a Connecticut truck accident, contact our firm. We have a track record for helping victims of truck accidents.