Keeping Connecticut Children Safe Around School Buses
- Stand three huge steps back from the curb while waiting for the bus.
- Wait until the bus comes to a complete stop, doors open and the driver says it is safe to board or exit the bus.
- If you need to cross the street, make sure you do so at least ten feet in front of the bus.
- Use handrails to avoid falls and make sure drawstrings and backpacks don’t get stuck.
- Never walk behind the bus. Always make sure the driver can see you.
- Walk at least six feet from the side of the bus.
- If you drop something near the bus, tell the driver before picking it up. Make sure he or she is aware you will be close to the side of the bus.
The attorneys at McEnery Price Messey & Sullivan wish Connecticut families a safe, successful and happy school year!