Nursing Home Negligence: What To Ask When Making This Decision
Many Connecticut residents are finding themselves in a position where they are looking to make health care arrangements for their aging parents. Assisted living facilities are facing more and more personal injury lawsuits alleging negligence in patient care. Here are questions to consider asking any potential assisted living facility you are considering for your loved ones.
- What is the process for assessing the on-going needs of a patient?
- How often is staff trained?
- Are food services compliant with local health department codes and have there been any violations in the past? If your loved one is on dietary restrictions, how will those be met?
- How are records kept to ensure the correct data is put in your loved one’s file?
- How are medications administered? You want to ensure that your loved one is receiving the proper medicine and dosage as prescribed by their doctor.
- How are abuse investigations handled? You can look up any Connecticut Department of Public Health violations and citations. Bed sores occur when a patient stays in one position for a prolonged period of time.
If you question the level of care your loved one received at an assisted living or nursing facility, call our office. Our experienced team of attorneys and investigators will conduct a medical and legal investigation into your claim.
Tags: Nursing home negligence