Prevent Connecticut Auto Accidents By Securing Your Cargo
The statistics are staggering:
- Two-thirds of all crashes that involve objects in the road were the result of debris falling off a vehicle.
- More than one-third of deaths in debris-related crashes were due to driver’s swerving to avoid debris. Most often losing control of their vehicles.
These accidents are preventable if drivers follow these safety tips for cargo:
- During winter months, keep your car’s roof cleared of snow and ice. Not only does this keep snow and ice from flying off your car and preventing possible auto accidents, it is the law in Connecticut.
- If moving cargo in your pick-up truck, keep items securely fastened.
- Transporting leaves or grass clippings? Keep them contained as this type of flying debris can cause visibility problems for other drivers on the road.
- Keep an eye on the wear of your tires. If a tire explodes on the roadway, it can leave pieces on the road.
If you were in an accident as the result of someone else’s debris, contact our office. Our team of experienced attorneys can help you prepare your claim.