Spring 2020: How Did Connecticut Hospitals Do?
The Leapfrog Group released its hospital rankings focused on transparency, quality and safety in the U.S. healthcare system. The scores were based on how well each hospital kept its patients safe from infections, injuries, errors and accidents.
These scores do not take into account data from the recent COVID-19 outbreak.
Hospitals that received an A grade:
- Johnson Memorial Hospital, Stafford Springs, CT
- MidState Medical Center, Meriden, CT
- St. Francis Hospital & Medical Center, Hartford, CT
- The William Backus Hospital, Norwich, CT
- Sharon Hospital, Sharon, CT
- Stamford Health, Stamford, CT
- Windham Community Memorial Hospital, Willimantic, CT
Hospitals that received a B grade:
- Bristol Hospital, Bristol, CT
- Charlotte Hungerford Hospital, Torrington, CT
- The Hospital of Central Connecticut, New Britain, CT
Hospitals that received a C grade:
- Bridgeport Hospital, Bridgeport, CT
- Greenwich Hospital, Greenwich, CT
- Griffin Hospital, Derby, CT
- Hartford Hospital, Hartford, CT
- Lawrence Memorial Hospital, New London, CT
- Middlesex Hospital, Middletown, CT
- Norwalk Hospital, Norwalk, CT
- St. Mary’s Hospital, Waterbury, CT
- University of Connecticut Health Center, John Dempsey Hospital, Farmington, CT
- Yale-New Haven Hospital, New Haven, CT
- St. Vincent’s Medical Center, Bridgeport, CT
- Yale-New Haven St. Raphael Campus, New Haven, CT
- Waterbury Hospital, Waterbury, CT
Medical malpractice can happen at hospitals throughout our state. If you suspect that you or a loved one experienced medical malpractice contact our office immediately and our doctor/attorney and nurse/attorney will begin an investigation into your case.