Understanding Connecticut Minimums on Auto Insurance Policies Part 2

Tuesday, January 5th, 2016 by | Posted In: Auto Accidents

ct car insurance 2The state of Connecticut requires every motor vehicle operator and registered vehicle  to carry auto insurance coverage. The following is more information on understanding Connecticut auto insurance.

Underinsured motorist conversion coverage – This is coverage you can purchase from your insurance provider. If you are injured in a Connecticut auto accident and the at-fault driver’s insurance does not cover your damages (including your injuries), you can receive payment from your own policy to cover your damages.

Collision coverage – Covers damage to your vehicle when it collides with another vehicle or object. There is usually a deductible that has to be met for repairs or replacement.

Comprehensive coverage – This type of coverage includes damage to your vehicle other than a collision including theft, vandalism, animal contact, flood, falling objects, or weather-related damage. There is usually a deductible with this type of coverage.

Full glass coverage – Covers the cost of repairing the glass on your vehicle with no deductible for an extra cost. This insurance type also covers rental reimbursement and/or towing expenses.

This is the second in a two part series on Connecticut auto insurance . If you or a loved one was in a Connecticut auto accident you might be able to settle the case yourself. Find out here.


Post a Comment

Your email is never published nor shared. Required fields are marked *


You may use these HTML tags and attributes: <a href="" title=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <cite> <code> <del datetime=""> <em> <i> <q cite=""> <s> <strike> <strong>

Tell Us
Your Story
Website design and maintenance by De Young Media.