What To Do When Your Child Is Injured at College

Tuesday, December 20th, 2016 by | Posted In: Auto Accidents, Personal Injury

ct-college-studeng-injuredAs parents it is nerve wracking when you send your child off to college. For many it is the first time you will be sending your child off on their own. Recently a UConn Storrs student was killed when she was run over by an SUV operated by fire personnel on campus. While there is always a risk for personal injury, it it important to be prepared if that injury should arise.

If your college-age child is injured while attending a Connecticut college or university, follow these steps:

  1. Whether it is a Connecticut auto accident, slip and fall, or other personal injury, your child should be immediately seen by a doctor to assess the extent of the injuries.
  2. Hire an experienced personal injury firm to protect your child’s interests. If the injury occurred in Connecticut, your case must be initiated in Connecticut, even if you live in another state.

When your child is injured away from home you may feel helpless, but hiring an experienced team of attorneys who can aggressively pursue a claim can help to protect your child’s rights. If your child was injured while away at college, call our office immediately.

Tags: ,

Post a Comment

Your email is never published nor shared. Required fields are marked *


You may use these HTML tags and attributes: <a href="" title=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <cite> <code> <del datetime=""> <em> <i> <q cite=""> <s> <strike> <strong>

Tell Us
Your Story
Website design and maintenance by De Young Media.