Connecticut Car Accidents in Construction Zones
It is important for the state and municipalities to maintain our roadways for safe travel, therefore these areas are welcomed and necessary, but sometimes these construction zones can contribute to car accidents. Not only can motor vehicle operators have increased risk for an accident, but the road construction workers are also at an increased risk for a worker’s compensation injury.
Some of the factors that might contribute to a Connecticut auto accident in the work zone include:
- Narrowing of lanes
- Construction debris strewn about the work area
- Misplacement or the presence of barricades
- Machinery and/or equipment left in areas they should not be
- Failure of motorists to adhere to posted speed or lane change signs
Use these tips to keep yourself and your loved one safe when traveling in construction zones on Connecticut roadways:
- Follow the posted speed signs
- Speeding fines are doubled in work zones
- Travel furthest from workers
- Stay alert and prepare to stop unexpectedly
If you or a loved one are ever in a Connecticut auto accident, find out if you might be able to handle it yourself.