Connecticut Road Construction: Watch Out for Auto Accidents & Worker’s Compensation Injuries
Construction work on Connecticut roadways is a welcomed site. It means our roadways are being maintained for safer and more efficient travel. While road construction projects are necessary, they can cause angst among motorists as well as an increased risk of a Connecticut auto accident or a Connecticut worker’s compensation injury for the construction workers.
Some of the factors that might contribute to a Connecticut auto accident in the work zone include:
- Failure of motorists to adhere to posted speed or lane change signs
- Misplacement or the presence of barricades
- Machinery and/or equipment left in areas they should not be
- Construction debris strewn about the work area
- Narrowing of lanes
Use these tips to keep yourself and your loved one safe when traveling in construction zones on Connecticut roadways:
- Follow the posted speed signs
- Travel furthest from workers
- Speeding fines are doubled in work zones
- Stay alert and prepare to stop unexpectedly
If you or a loved one are ever in a Connecticut auto accident, find out if you might be able to handle it yourself.